Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Inspiration






Illustrator: Mabel Lucie Attwell, 1910.




I have been searching for Alice in Wonderland symbols. Lewis Carrol was the pseudonym for Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, (27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898). He was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican deacon and photographer. Nevertheless, what I really became interested in were old illustrations of Alice in Wonderland, done by illustrators other than John Tenniel.

Well, the ones I found, mainly from the early 1900s are incredible. I got side-tracked from the symbolism, and really enjoyed the illustrations in and of themselves.

I am still interested in the symbolism, but have put it on a back-burner for the moment. This is where I started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice's_Adventures_in_Wonderland




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.