Thursday, August 18, 2011

One More Wonderland




I am pointing to this film because it is new to me, and I enjoyed it immensely. I like this still frame from the film because it gives an idea for displaying an Alice doll in a doll-house, but the doll-house does not have to be to scale, right? Alice shrinks and grows throughout the story. Delightful.



Out of all the Alice In Wonderland's I've recently watched, this one, from 1966, directed by Jonathan Miller, and originally aired on the BBC, is perhaps the best for seeing Victorian costumes. I especially enjoyed the performance by Peter Cook, as The Mad Hatter, and the Tea Party is one of my very favorite scenes. I don't know, but I think that you must be truly obsessed with Alice In Wonderland to appreciate this version of Lewis Carroll's story. None of the actors are dressed as animal characters, but are dressed in Victorian costumes. I found it on YouTube (71 mins.).

Here is the Wikipedia article: Alice in Wonderland (1966 TV play)




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.