Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Single Joint Thoughts




I have been asked for pictures of what I am trying to do with single joints, but the problem is, I still have only a vague idea of what I want to do. For one thing, I am still trying to do single joints that have the ball attached to one of the limbs, rather than be free-floating (not attached to either limb). The other thing I want to do is to have the end of the limb that rotates on the ball, have a flat circle in contact with the ball, instead of having a 45 degree angle cut away. This means that the flat circle should be very shallow, and the limb with the ball attached should be undercut quite severely, to allow a range of motion for bending at 90 degrees.



I don't know how well this will work, yet. I am trying to keep it simple, yet I do want the joints to be stable. The range of motion with single joints is limited, but the stability should be easier and better to control? As soon as I find some time, I will try this out on Carving Wax Test Doll. I already have one of her elbows carved away, around the ball. I will try carving away some more, and see what happens?




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.