Friday, October 14, 2011

Burnishing




Today I did some scraping to smooth the upper torso. I can fill shallow areas with the carving wax shavings, that result from scraping. I place the shavings where I need to fill, then burnish them with the paring knife. The burnishing compresses the shavings and fills the are that needs to be filled. In this photo, you can see the burnished wax due to the lighter color. I do not use any heat when burnishing. Click the image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.