Monday, October 31, 2011

Hip Joints




I took apart Carving Wax Test Doll in order to play around with her hip joints. The left hip joint slot was angled, and I wanted to make it straight. I used my 25W soldering iron with the forged flattened tip to fill in the slot. This is what the first pass of filling-in looks like.






In this shot I have completed filling in the slot.






Meanwhile, Carving Wax Test Doll is holding onto her feet.






Here, the filled-in slot has been scraped down with the paring knife.






The hole in the hip joint socket of the left leg is wonky.






I carved a round plug from a piece of scrap carving wax and pressed it into the hole.






This is what it looks like after welding the plug into the hole and scraping it down.






I used a drill bit to drill new holes in the upper leg ball joint and the left leg hip socket. Then I re-strung the lower torso to see how it worked. I will be playing around some more with the hip joints and the knee joints.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.