Thursday, October 20, 2011

La Calavera Catrina






La Calavera Catrina ('The Elegant Skull') is a 1913 zinc etching by Mexican printmaker José Guadalupe Posada. The image has since become a staple of Mexican imagery, and often is incorporated into artistic manifestations of the Day of the Dead in November, such as altars and calavera costumes. Wikipedia

I am fascinated by the Calavera Catrina sculptures that I see on the Net. When I finish Aalish, I want to make her a calavera costume, and either make a skull mask, or give her a skull face-up.

This is a YouTube video that is an example of what I would like to do:
"La Catrina" by Florentina Gloria.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.