Saturday, November 12, 2011

Elbow Joints Nº 3




I unstrung the arms of Carving Wax Test Doll in order to fix the elbows. The wrist balls are the terminating joints. Each wrist ball has a pin in it, and a slot. An S-hook is attached to the wrist pin. The S-hook moves in the slot. To unstring the arms, I start by pulling one wrist ball away from the lower arm socket, then unhooking the elastic from the S-hook in the wrist. Then it is easy to remove all the arm parts and hands. I am using one loop of 1.5mm round elastic doll cord to tension the arms and hands.






I used my alcohol lamp and metal wax working tools to repair where I had carved away too much from the lower arms, around the elbow ball joints.






To restring the hands and arms, I attach one end of the elastic loop to the S-hook in the left hand. I use the restringing tool to pull the elastic through the arm parts.






Then I insert the tool through the upper torso, and pull the elastic through.






I pull the elastic through each arm part, then I hook the elastic to the S-hook in the right wrist. The repair job is finished, and the doll is restrung.






The carving wax is tough enough to be tensioned with elastic.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.