Friday, November 4, 2011

Knee Joints Nº 2




The left upper leg's knee socket had too large of an opening. I used my 25W soldering iron and some scrap pieces of carving wax to fill it in. It is easy to see how much larger in diameter the socket end of the left leg is compared to the socket end of the right leg. In this photo, the left leg is on the right, and the right leg is on the left. I just was not thinking when I took this photo. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Another thing I discovered when I was working on the left leg was that it was about 7mm longer than the right leg. That is one reason why she had so much trouble standing properly. So after filling in the socket with carving wax, I drilled a hole, then I cut 7mm off the end of the left leg.






This shows the hole I drilled in the end of the socket. I used an X-Acto knife to cut off the end of the leg.






So now she stands better than she did yesterday.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.