Saturday, November 5, 2011

Knee Joints Nº 3




When I made my working drawings of my doll, I indicated the joints as if I was going to cast the doll in resin, which I am not going to do. This first 60cm BJD will be cast in doll composition slip which is similar in many ways to porcelain slip. So now I am rethinking the knee joints for a composition slip doll. For one thing, I will not be cutting the sockets of the upper legs at a 45 degree angle. They will be cut straight, providing a round circle for the ball to sit in. At this time I do not know if I will need any stops of any kind? I am not sure how I would make stops in composition slip.






One thing about doing the knee joints like I am planning to do is that I will have less range of motion. I will just have to continue experimenting with Carving Wax Test Doll to see what kind of range of motion is possible with this kind of single joint.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.