Thursday, November 3, 2011

Knee Joints Nº 1




I'm still playing with Carving Wax Test Doll. I cast all of her carving wax parts from work-in-progress brown wax parts, so her parts are all different. Right now I'm looking at her knees. Her left knee is more finished than her right knee. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is the back view of the knees.






Here is a front view of her standing, leaning against the computer. That right knee wants to go backwards without a stop on the upper part of the knee. The left knee seems to need to be able to bend back a little more.






This is a side view, to see it a little better.






The other side. The left knee seems to want to shift forward.



Every time I start playing with these joints, they mystify me. I usually just come to a dead stop, and don't know what to do. But this time, I'm going to take Carving Wax Test Doll apart, make some radical changes, then put her back together again and see what happens. There is no sense in being afraid to work on a Test Doll. This is why I made her. She was created to be tested.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.