Tuesday, November 29, 2011

La Catrina




I first saw this exhibit at the museum of anthropology at a local university last week, before Thanksgiving. I was very impressed with some of the objects, especially the display case of La Catrina. Before I left, I asked if photographs were allowed, and was told that they were, as long as a flash was not used. Today I got a chance to return to the museum and take some snapshots. I sure wish I had a better camera, but I must admit that this little Nikon point-and-shoot camera is much better than my old Canon digital camera. Here are some snapshots of the La Catrina display case, with the largest objects. Unfortunately, there were not any descriptions of the objects, themselves. I am guessing that the large couple is made from papier-mâché, and the smaller figures are made from ceramics? The large couple is about as large as my doll is going to be. Click on any image to enlarge it.

This is a close-up of the couple's heads.






This is a full length snapshot of the whole display case.






This is a close-up of the description of the display.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.