Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wooden Fashion Mannequin




I first saw a copy of this image at Den of Angels, but couldn't find it again later when I wanted to look at it, so I am posting it here so I can find it again. This is a photo of French fashion designer Madeline Vionnet (1876-1975), draping a fully articulated wooden fashion mannequin, c.1923, in her studio.






This is another photo of her fashion mannequin, which she used to design clothing using the draping technique.






This is a fully articulated wooden doll, made in Germany c.1520.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! This is so interesting - thank you for posting. Do you know the provenance of the Germany 16th century doll? Where did you find this? Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I do not remember where I found the image.

      Delete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.