Saturday, December 3, 2011

Big Doll And More




I found this big Barbie doll today, and had to bring her home with me. This is a montage of photos showing her with a regular size Barbie doll. The regular size Barbie also has flat feet, but she also has articulated elbows, knees, and torso. The big Barbie only has five points of articulation, at the head, shoulders, and hips, and all of those are hinge joints. She stands on her own two feet, without needing a doll stand. I have no idea where I would find a doll stand that size if I needed one? Big Barbie is about 37.25 inches (~94.6 cm) tall. Her head length is 5-5/16 inches (~13.5 cm) from crown to bottom of chin. This makes her very nearly teenager proportions of 7 head lengths. I think she is going to be fun to have standing around. She came home wearing a little girl's dance costume, which was much too big for her.



For those who are Barbie fans, this big Barbie has 1992 Mattel Mexico on her back, and 1972 Mattel Mexico on the back of her head. Her head is some sort of hard vinyl, and the rest of her is some sort of hard plastic? She has rooted hair and painted eyes. Okay, so I did a Google search, and it seems that what I found is a My Size Barbie from 1992. Cool.




The other thing I got today was this Doll Dressmaking book from the Public Library. I've only had a chance to glance through it, so far, but it looks really good, judging from the cut of the patterns inside. According to the cover of the book, there are over 120 designs, with full-size patterns. The Table Of Contents lists designs for underwear, dresses, jackets, coats, hats, bonnets, shoes, accessories, plus more. There are designs for dolls from 11 inches (28 cm) tall up to 23-25 inches (58.5 - 63.5 cm) tall. This looks like the kind of book that Martha Armstrong-Hand might recommend. There are also many pages of sewing tips, and other tips for making doll clothing. I am looking forward to getting a chance to sit dow and read this book thoroughly.



The Dolls' Dressmaker: The Complete Pattern Book.
Venus A. Dodge.
UK: David and Charles, 1988.
ISBN: 0715392891




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.