Sunday, December 11, 2011

Comparison Photo




Just for fun, I made a comparison photo of My Size Barbie (c.1992), and Carving Wax Test Doll. Barbie is about 37.25 inches (94.6 cm) tall, and CWTD is about 22.50 inches (57 cm) tall.



The odd proportions of CWTD really stand out in this photo, especially since she is standing next to Barbie. The best thing I ever did was to start over, and make Aalish with better proportions. Maybe the next thing I should do is a comparison photo of CWTD and Aalish? Who knows, I might learn something from such a comparison? Taking photos of a BJD WIP is a good way to spot things that are wrong.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. I like her midsection better than Barbie's. You do know that Barbie's proportions are no where close to real women.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura C Frazier said...

    I like her midsection better than Barbie's. You do know that Barbie's proportions are no where close to real women.


    Actually, the torso of Carving Wax Test Doll is totally out of proportion. It is based on my first working drawing. The proportions of the My Size Barbie seem to be closer to human proportions than the 1/6th scale Barbie dolls. The My Size Barbie I have is seven heads tall, which is about the correct proportions for a teenager.

    What I really like about the My Size Barbie is her size. Having her around is getting me accustomed to a larger doll. My second BJD is going to be at least 80 cm tall. Adding 20 cm to the next doll shouldn't be too difficult, as long as I can figure out all the tensioning problems with this 60 cm doll.

    Today I was sticking push pins into joints to act as stops. I still have a lot of work to do.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.