Sunday, December 4, 2011

Comparison




This is a comparison photo of the working drawing, a Halloween skeleton, and the new My Size Barbie. The working drawing (23.75 inches tall) is what I am using to make Aalish. The Halloween skeleton is something I bought at Party City before Halloween (it is a 32 inch tall hinged paper-doll skeleton), and the new 1992 My Size Barbie is almost 38 inches tall.



Today, I spent about four hours combing out tangles and knots in Barbie's hair, then putting it in a pony tail. I also washed her off with a lightly soaped damp cloth. I must admit that the most important thing this new doll is teaching me is: big is really, really good, and more points of articulation is even better !!!

Yeah, so my next post is going to be a comparison photo of the big Barbie and either WIP Aalish, or Carving Wax Test Doll. I can't wait to see what they look like together, if I can remember to take a shot of them together.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.