Monday, January 23, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 14




Yesterday I overlaid head lengths on a 7-heads proportioned outline of a female body, and today I looked for an example of a female skull. The main differences between a female and a male skull are the chin and the brow. Both of these are usually much larger on the male. The female has less of a brow, and more of a pointy chin. I think I may have found a good example of a female skull in the following engraving of a skull.

Image Source


I also found these very interesting class notes about the head and skull proportions. You must click on the links to see the Figures. The examples of the proportions seem to be very good. There are even some short video clips.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.