Monday, January 30, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 21




I managed to find some time to sit down at my lightbox and trace the front view onto a new sheet, moving it over to make room for the side view, which I have lightly sketched in.



One thing I am going to try to remember to do is to make the head the proper shape this time. The last head I made was backwards when viewed from the top, with the narrow part in the back, and the wide part in the front. Viewed from the top, the skull is somewhat egg shaped, with the wide part in the back and the narrow part in the front. When I start modeling in clay, I'm going to make a checklist of all the details I need to be attentive to.




This is a page from the Figure Drawing book I got, showing what size different bones are in relation to the skull. I think it is quite interesting, and it even seems somewhat helpful. I had to modify the photo because the camera flash washed out some of the detail. Hopefully it is readable now.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.