Saturday, January 14, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 5




Today I was researching face shapes. One of the most amazing faces research sites on the whole Internet is at FaceResearch.org. They have a demo page where you can see the average between faces.




This is what the demo page looks like when it is first opened.



These are screenshots of the first face in the upper left hand corner, and each of the faces on the bottom row look like. There are a total of 206 faces on this page (scroll down), so just combining two faces will give you over 21,000 average faces. The thing is, you can combine more than two faces. Look how many face shapes there are. I will be exploring more faces shapes, and face proportions during this drawing phase of making the third doll. They say that the eyes are the soul of the doll, but I think it is a little more than the eyes, it is the total face shape, proportions, and eyes that are the soul of the doll. Click on any image to enlarge it.






















Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is a great site. Very interesting to play with. I think that the face is very important on a doll. It must move something in you. It is always the face what it touches you.
    I'm following your research, and feel like I'm not alone on my project. For you is the third, but for me is the first. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work.
    Hugs,
    Tryny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my third attempt at making my first doll. I am glad you like the site. It is a lot of fun to play with. I am still not quite sure how I am going to use it to make my doll, but I wanted to make sure I listed it as a reference source for faces, so I can find it again. Thank you for looking at what I am working on.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.