Tuesday, January 17, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 8




Today I played around with overall, full-figure proportions, using an image from the growth chart on page 218 in Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist by Stephen Rogers Peck. I used Kolourpaint to re-size, and move things around. The original image shows a figure that is nearly 7 head lengths tall. I adjusted the overall proportions to 7 head lengths tall. The arms are still too short, in my opinion. Peck shows the wrist at the mid-point. As a general rule-of-thumb, the wrist should come down to the crotch, and the fingers should reach almost mid-thigh. Other than that, I think this looks better. I am getting closer to the point where I will start drawing my full-size working drawings.



Most of the figure drawing rules-of-thumb are based on the underlying skeletal structure. The above figure is too slender for me to use as a model for a working drawing. I want my girl to have a fuller figure, with more subcutaneous adipose tissue (fat).

Reference:
Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist.
Stephen Rogers Peck.
Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1979.
ISBN 0195030958


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.