Friday, February 3, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 25




I'm still playing around with the seven head lengths proportion.

Image Source.


The side view at the right has the middle line going through the lobe of the ear at the top, and through the ankle at the bottom. The center and left-hand drawings are bisected symmetrically.

All the drawings were originally seven and one half head lengths tall, except the side view at the right, which was eight heads tall. I lassoed each entire figure, and used the arrow at the bottom of the lasso to shrink the whole figure to seven heads. Then I lassoed the head and made it one head length, where one head length is one seventh of the height of the whole figure. It seems to work okay. I had figured this out before, then forgotten how I did it, and it took me a couple of hours to figure it out again, which is why I am making a note of it. It is very difficult to find examples of a figure that is seven heads tall. Most of the examples are seven and one half heads, or eight heads tall. Fashion drawing examples may be even taller, up to nine heads tall.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.