Sunday, February 19, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 41




I moved the collar bone up a wee bit.






I sketched in the outer ankle.






I erased the bad hand.



Other things I've been doing is studying the lower arm. Those bones in the lower arm do all sorts of crazy things, from being parallel to crossing over each other. In all my years of learning about the figure, I have a lot of trouble with anatomy. Usually, when I learn something, after enough repetition, I eventually get it. With anatomy, no matter how much I repeat it, I do not seem to be able to remember it. It does not take long for my eyes to glaze over when I am looking at diagrams of muscles and trying to relate them to how the surface looks. I am getting old, and I am starting to lose hope that I will ever get it. I will just have to get as close as I can, and go from there, or I will be doing this drawing forever.

The thing with the arm is that the upper arm is widest at the shoulder where the joint is going to be. The lower arm is widest at the elbow where the joint is going to be. Both the upper and lower arm taper slightly. I am going to have to figure out some generic compromise that looks good.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.