Tuesday, February 21, 2012

02 Drawing Nº 43




Today I started enlarging the final drawing. The factor in this case is 1.57480. The drawing I am working from, with the small grid, has a 63.5mm head length. The drawing I am enlarging has a 100mm head length. 100 divided by 63.5 is 1.57480. However, I should not have to do too much measurement calculations because both drawings have ten squares per head length. Each square in the smaller drawing is 1/4 inch, and each square in the enlargement is 1 centimeter.






When enlarging a drawing, the object is to try and copy the lines in each square of the small grid to the larger grid square. This technique is very low-tech, and only requires a pencil and a ruler for tools. No fancy projectors, or enlarging machines are required.



The height of the figure in my first drawing is 10.5 inches tall. Each head length is six 1/4 inch squares (1.5 inches). The height of the figure in my second drawing (the first enlargement) is 17.5 inches tall. Each head length is ten 1/4 inch squares (2.5 inches). The height of the figure in this drawing (the second enlargement) is 27.5625 inches tall. Each head length is ten 1 centimeter squares (3 15/16 inches). From 10.5 inches tall to 17.5 inches tall to 27.5625 inches tall. If my shrinkage calculations are correct, the finished doll composition slip doll will be just a little over 24 inches tall.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.