Sunday, March 11, 2012

03 Armature Nº 12




The glue was dry this morning. The stack is 3.5 inches thick. It will just barely fit in my small bench bandsaw.






The side view fits.






So does the front view.






After cutting out the front profile on the bandsaw, I used the kerf method to remove the wood from the side profile. Once I made the saw kerfs (using an electric hand-held circular saw) I knocked out the wood between the saw kerfs with a hammer and a chisel. Then I used my bench sander to smooth the torso a little bit.






This is the front view of the torso.






This is the side view of the torso.






This is the back view of the torso.



Everything is quite rough, but it is going to be covered with oil-clay.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.