Thursday, March 1, 2012

03 Armature Nº 2




This is a plywood modeling board with an iron floor flange screwed in the top of it. There are two strips of wood fastened to the bottom, so I have room to get my fingers under the modeling board if I want to pick it up and move it.






This is the bottom of the modeling board. The two strips of wood allow me to easily pick up the modeling board and move it if I need to.






This is the modeling stand which screws into the floor flange. It is a 1/2 inch steel rod fastened to a threaded fitting at one end.



A smaller 1/4 inch steel rod has an "L" bent in one end. The smaller steel rod is attached to the larger steel rod with a block of aluminum. The block of aluminum has a 1/2 inch hole drilled in one direction, which fits over the 1/2 inch steel rod, and allows the block to move up and down the 1/2 inch steel rod. There is another 1/4 inch hole drilled in the aluminum block, which fits over the 1/4 inch steel rod, and allows it to be adjusted horizontally, back and forth.

The 1/2 inch steel rod is about 16 inches in length. The 1/4 inch steel rod was about 12 inches long before the L was bent. It is about 11 inches long now.




This is the 1/2 inch steel rod screwed into the floor flange on the modeling board.






This is a detail of the aluminum block which travels up and down the 1/2 inch steel rod. The 1/4 inch steel rod is perpendicular to the 1/2 inch steel rod. There are some 1/4-20 machine screws which can be tightened to keep the block in place on the 1/2 inch steel rod, and also keep the 1/4 inch steel rod from moving back and forth.






This is a picture of the modeling stand, all put together.






This is a picture of the modeling stand in use.



I am not going to be using a pipe fittings modeling stand because I already have these modeling stands on-hand in my studio. If I were just starting out, I would probably opt for the pipe fittings modeling stand. The nice thing about my modeling stands, and the pipe fittings modeling stand is that they are both reusable.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.