Tuesday, March 20, 2012

03 Armature Nº 21




I decided to make some wooden feet for my wire armature, and I have this broken rake in my scrap box, so I decided to use it.






It looks like it will fit the feet perfectly.






After cutting the rake handle to length, I then cut it in half, then drilled a hole in each foot to accept a one-half inch dowel which is cut to about one inch in length. I glued the dowels in the holes. When the glue dried, I drilled holes through the dowels for the leg wire to go through.






I ended up using some one half inch diameter dowels for the arms, and the lower legs. I found a piece of 2x2 in my scrap box, and used it for the upper legs.






One other thing i did was change the back iron to a one quarter inch diameter threaded rod. Then I countersunk the hole through the torso, and added a nut to each side. This is a detail of the front of the torso.






This is a detail of the back of the torso. I am always willing to deviate from my original ideas if a better idea comes along.



At this point, I am ready to exchange the two-stranded wire for some four-stranded wire.




This is a photo of some of the armature making tools I am using.



At the top is a tape rule for measuring inches, and a flexible ruler for measuring centimeters. In the middle are some pliers. from left to right are needle nose pliers, side cutters, standard pliers, lineman's pliers, needle nose vise-grips, and some channel-lock pliers. At the bottom is a ball peen hammer.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.