Thursday, March 22, 2012

03 Armature Nº 23




I painted the armature with some white shellac. I do not know if this is a necessary step, but I did it anyway.






After the shellac dried, I re-drew some of the lines on the torso.



There are many other ways to make wire armatures. These are just a few of the ways that wire may be used to construct an armature.



The armature should be strong enough to support the modeling clay. It is also important to design the armature in such a way that the clay figure can be removed from the armature support after the modeling is finished. The advantage of using threaded pipes for the support is that they can be unscrewed to remove the figure.

The next step is to begin modeling the clay over the armature.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.