Friday, March 30, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 8




I start out by turning on the light over my oil-clay, to warm it up for modeling. The box is on the floor, right next to the sculpture stand. Click on an image to enlarge it.






The warm oil-clay being rolled out into a coil. I fold each coil of oil-clay in half, and cut it at the fold in order to make two identical coils. I apply each coil to a side of the figure, building up a foundation of clay that I will model the figure on top of. I stand up while I am modeling the figure. This way, I can reach all parts of the figure, reach into my box for more clay, roll out coils, and turn the figure easily in order to apply the coils evenly around the armature.






Here I have applied coils to the upper torso. I have rotated the arms out of my way for now.






Once the coils have been pressed into place, I use the rake tool to blend the coils together. This is the front view.






This is a side view.






This is the back view.






This is the other side view. As more of the foundation is built-up on the armature, she is starting to look more like a figure.



There is still much more work to do.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.