Saturday, March 31, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 9




I decided to define where the knees are located. I use my calipers to take a measurement from the working drawing, and marked the location on the clay figure. Then I add the coils for the knees. Click any image to enlarge it.






I also decided to establish where the bum is located, more or less, so I also added some coils to the backside of the figure. Once again, I used my calipers to measure the working drawing to get an idea where the bum starts. This is a side view.






This is a back view of the clay coils added to the bum of the figure.






This is the other side view of the clay coils on the bum.






Next I put some clay coils on the tummy to build it out some more.






Then I added some more coils to the bum. I am working all around the figure, adding clay coils. I turn the figure frequently. It is also a good idea to step back and take a look at the figure from a distance, from time to time.






This is a front view of the raked tummy coils.






This is a back view of the raked coils on the bum. I rake the coils to blend them together.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.