Tuesday, April 3, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 12




I took the wooden armature head off the figure and covered it evenly with some coils of oil-clay. This is the top view of the wooden armature head covered in coils of oil-clay. The back of the head is towards the bottom of the photo. This time around, I got the shape of the head correct, as far as I know. Generally speaking, the top of the skull is shaped somewhat like an egg with the large part of the egg towards the back. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is the front view of the wooden armature head covered with coils of oil-clay.






This is a side view of the wooden armature head covered in coils of oil-clay.






This is the other side view of the wooden armature head covered in coils of oil-clay.






This is the front view of the figure, with the wooden armature head, covered in coils of oil-clay, placed back on the wire.






This is a side view of the figure, with the wooden armature head, covered in coils of oil-clay, placed back on the wire.






This is the back view of the figure, with the wooden armature head, covered in coils of oil-clay, placed back on the wire.






This is the other side view of the figure, with the wooden armature head, covered in coils of oil-clay, placed back on the wire.






This is the front view of the wooden armature head, with the coils of oil-clay raked to blend the coils.






This is a side view of the wooden armature head, with the coils of oil-clay raked to blend the coils.






This is the back view of the wooden armature head, with the coils of oil-clay raked to blend the coils.






This is the other side view of the wooden armature head, with the coils of oil-clay raked to blend the coils.



I like the way that I have designed this armature so that I can easily remove the head from the armature in order to work on it. I think I will make another small armature for just the head, so when I start working on the face, I will be able to remove the head from the figure, and put it on the small armature to model the details. For now it will stay on the figure to be a part of the whole sculpture.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.