Saturday, April 7, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 16




Today I made a little modeling stand for the head. I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in a small block of scrap wood, then stuck a 1/2 inch dowel in the hole. I drilled a 3/16 inch hole in the end of the dowel to accept a piece of four-strand armature wire. Finally, I bent the armature wire at a slight angle, the same as the armature wire on the figure.






This is the front view of the head fitted on the little modeling stand.






This is the side view of the head fitted on the little modeling stand.






I took a break from working on my figure in order to start a small sketch of a clay torso. I am following the torso tutorial in Peter Rubino's book, Sculpting The Figure In Clay. I got up to step 33. This is a montage photo of what I did today.



I have 4.5 pounds of Roma Plastilina oil-clay on hand in my studio. Roma Plastilina contains sulfur, so I am only going to be using it for modeling sketches and making clay build-ups for non-silicone rubber molds. Sulfur reacts with silicone rubber, so it is best not to use a clay that contains it to make silicone rubber molds.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.