Thursday, April 12, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 21




This photo shows oil-clay coils added to the upper legs. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Once the oil-clay coils have been added, I blend them together with a rake tool.






This is a front view.






I would like to mention this anatomy book, which I have in my studio. It was originally published in 1896, by Oxford University Press, but this Fifth Edition (1929) has been republished by Dover Publications in 1964. It is called a handbook of anatomy for art students.



a handbook of anatomy for art students.
Arthur Thomson.
NY: Dover Publications, 1964.
ISBN: 0486211630

I have had my copy of this book since 1987, and it is filled with a lot of underlined text. One of the things I like about this book is that there are photographs of male and female models, often in the same pose, with line drawn anatomy diagrams, also in the same pose. This anatomy book is very thorough, with an incredible amount of detail. In many ways, this is one of the best artistic anatomy books I own.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.