Sunday, April 22, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 31




I mentioned Arthur Thomson's book, a handbook of anatomy for art students the other day, of which I have a Dover reprint of the Fifth Edition. The 1915 Fourth Edition of this anatomy book is available online, to either download as a PDF, or to read online. These illustrations of the pelvis are from the 1915 Fourth Edition, which is in the Public Domain. These diagrams show the difference between the pelvic bones of a male and a female. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Here, I am showing the same diagrams in a higher contrast, so the differences can be seen better.







This is a side view of my figure, with the female pelvic bone superimposed over the top of it. I'm trying to get an idea of how the pelvic bone influences the surface anatomy.






This is a front view, with the female pelvic diagram superimposed over the photo of the figure.



I will have to play around with this some more.




This diagram, from page 263, is a comparison of the female and male pelvis with an outline of the form around it.






References:

PDF copy of the 1915 Fourth Edition of a handbook of anatomy for art students by Arthur Thomson (1858-1935), at The Internet Archive.

Read online copy of the 1915 Fourth Edition of a handbook of anatomy for art students by Arthur Thomson (1858-1935), at The Internet Archive.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.