Tuesday, April 24, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 33




My working drawing shows the neck angled forwards slightly.






So I cut into the front of the neck on the figure, down to the collarbone. I also removed some clay from between the collarbone and the muscle behind it. Peter Rubino, in his book, Sculpting The Figure In Clay says that this low area on either side of the neck is a transitional area between the two high forms of the clavicle and trapezius muscle.






I used the wooden rake tool to blend in the cuts I made.



Later in the modeling process, I will add coils for neck muscles that go from the pit of the neck up towards the ears.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.