Sunday, April 29, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 38


The foot tutorial in Sculpting The Figure In Clay, by Peter Rubino, shows the toes of the foot being modeled like steps. I also have a book called Dynamic Figure Drawing by Burne Hogarth which shows the figure in block form. I looked up his tips for drawing feet and found the toes of the foot blocked in like steps. None of the photo references of real feet that I have, show toes like that. Finally I found some toes that look a little bit like steps, on the left foot of the Statue of Liberty.


Some foot drawings in Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist, by Stephen Rogers Peck also has some stepped toe references.



I think these types of toes look very nice, so I may try to make them for my figure. These types of stepped toes seem to be more of a sculptural convention than any toes that most real people have?


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.