Saturday, May 5, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 43




I added some coils to the back of the legs to bring the surface closer to the finished surface of the figure.




I blended the oil-clay coils with a wooden rake tool.




The back iron enters the pelvis at a specific point that can be measured. Since the pelvis is fixed to the back iron and armature support, then this point is the best place to measure from. The red line in the working drawing below is the point where the back iron enters the pelvis. The green line is the furthest back of the figure. I can put a square on that point and measure from it as well. I use a square and my calipers to measure with.



I am planning on building up to the finished surface by adding clay at the main head length lines first, then halfway between those points, and so forth, until I have little clay balls all over the figure. Then, if everything looks good, I will fill in between the clay balls. That is the idea, anyway. I'll just have to see how it goes.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.