Tuesday, May 15, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 53




I worked over the whole figure with a wooden rake tool, trying to find slack areas, filling them with oil-clay, then blending. It is much easier to do this in oil-clay than in carving wax, so this is something that I will be continuously working on as I get closer to the final surface of the figure. Click on the image to enlarge it.






This is the lighting setup I used to photograph the above turn-around. I do not have a DSLR camera, or any fancy lighting fixtures, so I am experimenting with what I do have.



The photos were taken with a Nikon Coolpix L3 camera, mounted on an inexpensive tripod, with two overhead flourescent lightbulbs (#1 and #2), and one incandescent lightbulb (#3) at modeling board level. The in-camera flash was ON. There was very limited natural light coming through the basement window because it was overcast/raining outside.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.