Tuesday, May 22, 2012
04 Modeling Nº 60
I am starting work on the eyes. I am using 18mm eyes to model the oil-clay around. I am hoping that after the final casting, some 16mm eyes will fit in the head. Time will tell.
1. I cut a pair of one dollar acrylic round doll eyes in half to make a flat back cabochon shape because of the wood armature under the oil-clay.
2. I cut the oil clay down to the wood armature, and put in the eyes. This is a side view.
3. This is the front view.
4. I added some coils of oil-clay around the eyes.
5. I added some more oil-clay around the eyes.
6. Skull references from Wikipedia. I stuck some digital eyeballs in the front view.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.