Thursday, June 7, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 76




I did the right hand yesterday, so the left hand went much faster today. I did not have to figure it out. I already knew what to do, and how to do it. Click on any image to enlarge it.




The right side shows the armature wire cut to length, with a pad of oil-clay waiting to go under it. The left side shows the pad of oil-clay in place, and the hand armature wire pressed into it.




I used the old right hand to make this left hand. I simply cut the fingers and thumb in half, and put one half under the wire and the other half over the wire. Oops, this looks like two shots of the same thing. Sorry.









This is the thumb being covered with oil clay. I bent the thumb wire so it would be on the bottom of the palm side of the hand. So it attaches to the circle of wire in the palm, comes straight up a little bit, then bends out to the thumb. I hope that makes sense. The left side shows the palm side of the  left hand blocked-in.









The right side shows the back of the left hand, roughed-in. It is flat because it was resting on the copy paper. The left side shows the palm and back of the hand after some more oil-clay has been added.









This is a comparison of the old left hand (on the  left side of each photo), and the new right hand (on the right side of each photo), showing the palms and backs of the hands.









Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.