Tuesday, June 12, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 81




I feel like I am getting very close to the  final oil-clay surface of my figure, so I thought I would try to see if I could smooth the oil-clay with an old sock. Click on any image to enlarge it.



I will continue to try various things to see what works the best. The idea is to get the oil-clay as close as possible to a finished surface so that refining the carving wax will not be too much work. The carving wax can be finished glass smooth.




This is the texture of the old sock.






At The Grand Central Academy of Art, the 2012 Sculpture Competition is under way. There are some good photos of works-in-progress being modeled in clay from a live model.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.