Saturday, June 16, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 85




I am contemplating the ears. If I do any modeling on the ears, it will only be enough so that I will not have to do any adding of carving wax after the head is cast in carving wax. I want the block ear form to be in the right place, at the right angle, and with a minimum of modeling to indicate some ear forms. If I make the ears too detailed, it will complicate the molding. So it will be easier to work on practice ears in oil-clay, and do the final detailed ears in carving wax. Click on any image to enlarge it.



If I did not have any molding, or carving wax experience, I might be inclined to try and model the ears in oil clay. Since I do have experience, I am choosing to keep the ear modeling in oil-clay to a minimum. Likewise for the eyes. I may even close the eyes before molding the head by covering them with a thin layer of oil-clay. Then I will open them in carving wax, and insert the acrylic eyes again.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.