Wednesday, June 20, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 89




I am beginning to work on an oil-clay practice nose, so the first thing I want to do is become familiar with the parts and planes of the nose. I made this little diagram to learn more about the nose. I am going to start with a nose block form that has six definite planes. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I found a couple of reference noses on the Internet using a Google image search.






This is a turnaround of the Roma Plastilina practice nose block form that I am going to start with. I have tried to indicate the curve of the face that the nose rests on, as well as the curve of the upper lip. A nose, not even a practice nose, does not exist all alone, but has a relationship with the rest of the face. Nevertheless, the focus of this practice piece is the nose, so I am not going to pay too much attention to the other parts right now.

I will be using various references, by Berit Hildre, Edouard Lanteri, Philippe Faraut, Daisy Grubbs, Peter Rubino, and the Internet to model this practice nose in oil-clay.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.