Monday, June 25, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 94




I started a practice oil-clay eye. Click any image to enlarge it.



Berit Hildre starts with a closed eye, then opens the eyelid to make an eye. Philippe Faraut makes an eye socket, then puts clay in the eye socket to model the eye. He adds the eyelids to the eyeball. I may try one method on one side, and the other method on the other side, to see which one I like better.

So far, when modeling the eyes, I have had a difficult time getting them placed correctly, which is why I have decided to make some pratice eyes.




Naming the parts of the eye helps to understand it better.






Muscles of the eye (in red).






Bones around the eye (in red).



Reference:
Modelling: a guide for teachers and students.
Edouard Lanteri.
London: Chapman & Hall, ltd., 1902-11.





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.