Saturday, July 7, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 106




Now I am looking at the feet. These are the oil-clay feet right now. The last time I worked on them, I moved them much closer together. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I am not working from a live model.  I am using various references including books, online sources, and some castings I made many years ago. This is a wax foot, molded in alginate from a live model, then cast in brown sculpture wax. The model was a young woman in her early twenties. The cast was made over 20 years ago, and is as good now, as when I made it. In this series of photos, I am showing how I marked the mid-point of the ankles. The inner ankle is always higher than the outer ankle. The inner ankle is also closer to the toes than the outer ankle. I was curious about what the angle of the two ankles are in relation to each other. I measured the marks from a table with a right angle on it, and the heel placed against the right angle.






The inner ankle is 85 millimeters to the mid-point. The outer ankle is 68 millimeters to the mid-point. The distance between the two points is 67  millimeters. Since I have the Opposite and the Adjacent measurements, and I want to find out what the angle is, I can use the Tan(q) formula. The Opposite side was found by subtracting 68 from 85, which is 17. Dividing 17 by 67, I get .25373. I look that up on a Natural Trigonometric Table, and the closest degree to .25373 is 14 degrees.






This is a Natural Trigonometric Table, found on the Internet, and identical to  several similar tables that are in the Appendices of various books.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.