Sunday, July 8, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 107




I did not see this in my working drawing before, but the outside ankle is too low. Click on any image to enlarge it.






It was only by comparing my working drawing of feet, to the wax cast of a life size foot that I caught this.



The length of the wax cast is 242 millimeters. The working drawing foot is about 100 millimeters. The arithmetic I used is 100 divided by 242, which equals about 41%. So 85 multiplied by 41% is about 35 millimeters, and 68 multiplied by 41% is about 28 millimeters. On the front view drawing, showing both feet, the heights of the ankles are very close. But on the side view of the working drawing, I had to raise the indication of an ankle up a small amount. I am happy I caught this. It is also somewhat reassuring to know that the ankles on my working drawing are at about the correct height.

The other measurements I have made of the wax cast foot are as follows:
heel to tip of first (big, medial) toe: 242 mm
heel to tip of second toe: 236 mm
heel to tip of third toe: 231 mm
heel to tip of fourth toe: 217 mm
heel to tip of fifth (little, lateral) toe: 195 mm
heel to mid point of inside (medial, tibia) ankle bone: 59 mm
heel to mid point of outside (lateral, fibia) ankle bone: 51 mm

This works out to be about the following measurements on the doll foot:
heel to tip of first (big, medial) toe: 100 mm
heel to tip of second toe: 98 mm
heel to tip of third toe: 95 mm
heel to tip of fourth toe: 90 mm
heel to tip of fifth (little, lateral) toe: 81 mm
heel to mid point of inside (medial, tibia) ankle bone: 59 mm
heel to mid point of outside (lateral, fibia) ankle bone: 51 mm
All measurements of the wax cast have been multiplied by 0.413223.

I use whataever tools it takes to help me see what I need to do, even if the tool is arithmetic. I am not the best arithmetic person in the world, but I try. The numbers get me close, then my eyes do the rest.




Applying the distance from the back of the heel to the mid point of the outside (lateral) ankle, the working drawing looks like this.






Applying the distance from the back of the heel to the mid point of the inside (medial) ankle, the working drawing looks like this. A-A'  shows the direction of view for this drawing.



By the way, none of these computer drawings are to scale. I estimated the distances. I will correct the actual working drawing with good measurements.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.