Saturday, July 14, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 113




When I have done as much modeling as I can from various anatomy books, I like to reference photographs of the human figure. It is very difficult to find a neutral standing pose of a female model who is standing with both feet flat on the floor, relaxed with hands at her side, and her head facing forward, straight ahead. Click on the image to enlarge it.



The above photos are of the model Becca from PoseTool, in the pose beccadressing101. The full resolution series of 24 photos (rotated every 15 degrees) costs $5.99. I have done business with this company before, and they are reputable. They also publish model pose books, which can be ordered online; for example, Art Models 6: The Female Figure in Shadow and Light by Maureen Johnson and Douglas Johnson. Salem, New Hampshire: Live Model Books, 2011. ISBN 978-0981624976.

Photographic art model pose books are usually helpful if I can look at the photographs and recognize what the surface anatomy is telling me. This requires at least a minimal familiarity with the skeleton and major muscle groups. For me, it is a constant learning process. Everytime I model the figure in clay, I learn something new. I guess that is one reason why this is such a fascinating hobby for me.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.