Monday, July 16, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 115




The arms are really skinny, so I added some oil-clay coils to the front of the upper arm, to add some muscle bulk. This makes her arms closer to the working drawing. I am working to get closer to the final surface. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Once the oil-clay coils were added, I blended them into the upper arm with a wooden rake tool. I still have a lot of work to do on the arms. I am trying to move around the whole doll, and model on different parts, from different angles.



I try to do a little work on my doll every day. It seems that each day, I am a different person, and see the doll a little differently; whether that is my mood, or the light, or my energy level, or whatever. No matter what, it is the little bit that I try to do every day that is adding up to make the whole figure. The secret is to not be afraid to try. If I did not start at all, because of fear of failure, or some other reason, I would not be this far along right now. So I encourage anyone who wants to make a BJD to get started making one. The more I model the clay, the better I get. As anyone can see, modeling in clay does not have to be complicated. Add a coil of clay to both sides of the figure, then blend it in. Work until the figure is finished. The figure is finished when I cannot find anything more to do to it. At that point, I will remove the figure from the back iron, and cut it apart for making the first set of molds.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.