Monday, July 23, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 122




I added some oil-clay to the hips and upper legs. I removed the left arm so it would be easier to work on the left hip and torso. I used my wooden calipers and cardboard template to check my work as I added and removed oil-clay. I hit a corner of the wooden armature as I was working. I will try and remember to trim the armature a wee bit before I use it again. This is a photo of a couple of views of the figure with oil-clay added and pressed into place. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I added more oil-clay to fill the left hip and leg out to the silhouette I had built up. Then I blended the oil-clay with a wooden rake tool, and replaced the left arm. Next I will try to model the right hip and leg to match the left hip and leg.



Slowly but surely, I am getting closer and closer to the final surface of the figure.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.