Tuesday, August 7, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 137




I added clay to the neck, making it larger around. That also meant that I added some clay to the trapezoid muscles. I cannot do one thing without affecting something else. I also moved the ears forward a little bit. I think they look better now. This photo montage is a turnaround of the head on the torso after I finished working. Click on the image to enlarge it.



I put the head in the studio refrigerator for awhile to make it more firm. After adding oil-clay to the neck, I had to carve out the neck socket in the head. Then I pressed the cold, firm head over the neck, removed it, and trimmed the neck where indicated. This was easy to do because the oil-clay on the neck was warm and soft.

I used my wooden pottery calipers to check that the both of the ears were equidistant from the center of the head. I measured from the middle of the chin to the ear notches. I double-checked by measuring from the pit of the neck to the ear notches.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.