Friday, August 10, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 140




I removed the right arm from the figure in order to smooth the arm and the right side of the torso. It is warm in the studio, and oil-clay is very easy to manipulate when it is warm. The slightest touch will show. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I smoothed the right oil-clay arm. This is a photo of two views of the right arm, after smoothing the oil-clay.



I worked a little bit faster today, than yesterday, so I may need to do some more work on the right arm, later. Some days I have more patience than others. I do not let my different daily moods stop me from doing a little bit of work on my doll each day.




Then I smoothed the right side of the torso. I just smoothed it. I did not compare it to the left side of the torso, even though that is the recommended method.






I replaced the right arm on the torso. Attached to the torso is the best place to keep the arms, so they won't get damaged in some way or another.






This is a front view of the work I did today. I must add that as I am working, I am looking for little dents and slack areas to fill with oil-clay. So hopefully, as I am smoothing, I am also getting closer to the final surface of the oil-clay figure.



I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day. Slowly, but surely, each little bit adds something to the overall figure. The figure is getting closer and closer to being ready for molding.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.