Thursday, August 16, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 146






First of all, I would like to mention that Doll Artist Allison Mecleary at Woodland Earth Studio is currently doing a Free Step-By-Step Porcelain BJD Tutorial. She is modeling the figure in polymer clay, to be molded in plaster piece molds, cast in porcelain, fired in an electric ceramics kiln, china-painted, and finished with a wig. If anyone is interested in making a porcelain BJD along with her, please register in the Forum at WES to participate. It is free to register at Woodland Earth Studio, and the porcelain BJD tutorial is also Free. This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to learn about making a porcelain BJD.




As I continue to work all over the figure, I am sometimes surprised by areas that I thought I had worked on, yet now need more work. I am thinking of dividing the figure up and working on her methodically, so I won't miss any areas. Basically, the figure will have a major division of front and back. The head will be separate from the body because it is just easier for me to work on it that way. The torso will have two upper and two lower quadrants. The arms will be removed to work on them, as well as the hands. I am so happy that I took the time to make the hands removable. The legs will be divided into upper and lower legs, with the feet done separately as well. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.